NOVEL CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
What is Corona Virus and COVID-19 ?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Novel Coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans. WHO has named the disease caused by this Novel Coronavirus (nCoV) as Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, an infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Watch for symptoms-
Protect yourself and others!
Follow these Do’s and Don’ts
- Practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
- Cover your nose and mouth with handkerchief/tissue while sneezing and coughing.
- Throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
- See a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, difficult breathing and cough). While visiting doctor wear a mask/cloth to cover your mouth and nose.
- If you have these signs/symptoms please call State helpline number or Ministry of Health & Family Welfare’s 24X7 helpline at 011-23978046.
- Avoid participating in large gatherings.
- Have close contact with anyone, if you’re experiencing cough and fever.
- Touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Spit in public.
Helpline Number – 1075, 1800-112-545, +91-11-23978046
Helpline Email ID – ncov2019[at]gov[dot]in OR ncov2019[at]gmail[dot]com
Helpline Number – 1800-180-5145